Communication is a two-way process for the exchange of information and ideas. We communicate in order to elicit some type of response. Some examples of a response could be more knowledge, a specific action, or some type of emotion.
• Do you have a clear understanding of how to communicate effectively?
• If you could exploit your communication style what would it mean to results at your company?
• HR Professionals
• Senior Vice President
• Vice President
• Executive Director
• Managing Director
• Regional Vice President
• Area Supervisor
• Understand DISC personality assessment to know the STRENGTHS of your own personality style and how to use them
• How to understand another person’s motivation style
• Understanding DISC profile and how to communicate with the 4 personality types
• How to improve communication skills and the strategies to lead or motivate the 4 personality types
Understanding the D.I.S.C. profile will help understand the four different personality types and how they like to receive information.
Did you know that …
• 70% of small to mid-size businesses claim communication is their primary problem. A business with 100 employees spends an average downtime of 17 hours a week clarifying communications. This translates in an annual cost of $528,443.00.
• Miscommunication can cost an organization 25% to 40% of its annual budget more than 80% of projects are late, over budget, short of expectations, or simply undelivered as a result of poor communication at the outset.
Correct communication does matter. Understanding how to communicate effectively and the different ways people perceive information will help you craft the right message.