About Human Resources in the Corporate Flight Department 2019
HUMAN RESOURCES IN THE CORPORATE FLIGHT DEPARTMENT, AUSTIN, FEBRUARY 12, 2019
This course identifies human resource issues particularly pertinent to the corporate flight department. The course then leads attendees through the legal implications of employment decisions and teaches attendees “good judgment” when hiring employees, handling conflicts, addressing harassment/discrimination, and many more work-place scenarios.
Management issues related to staffing, training, performance, compensation, human factors considerations and compliance with human resource requirements.
Human Resources Objective 1 (HR1)
Determine the level of staffing needed for the aviation department.
- HR1-Ka – Future workload activity within the department
- HR1-Kb – Workload assessments
- HR1-Kc – Acceptable working levels
- HR1-Kd – Company personnel policies
- HR1-Ke – Industry standards and practices
- HR1-Kf – Staffing options for resource allocation, to insure fairness and equitability in work/duty assignments, to make effective use of personnel and to assure adequate rest periods
- HR1-Kg – Techniques for employing efficient time management
- HR1-Kh – Complexities and interrelations involved with crew scheduling for flexibility, morale and maximum crew utilization.
- HR1-Ki – Applicable regulations (e.g., FAA, DOL)
- HR1-Sa – Measuring current staffing level against demand
- HR1-Sb – Assessing current and future staff workload
- HR1-Sc – Monitoring hours/days worked each month
Human Resources Objective 2 (HR2)
Develop knowledge and understanding of job related training for all personnel within the aviation department to ensure competence in each prescribed discipline.
- HR 2-Ka – Internal and external training programs
- HR2-Kb – Training programs specific to the employee’s role
- HR2-Kc – Sources of information concerning the quality of available training programs
- HR2-Kd – Strategies for measuring the effectiveness of training
- HR2-Ke – Training requirements for all staff including pay standards, working environment requirements and applicable regulations
- HR2-Kf – Applicable regulatory issues
- HR2-Sa – Coordinating employee training
- HR2-Sb – Identifying quality vendors
- HR2-Sc – Assessing the effectiveness of training