Know the techniques of developing executive presence, a must-have trait to be promotable. The webinar focuses on the need of developing executive presence and how it helps in advancing your career.
• Individual contributors
• High potentials
• Baby boomers, etc
Too many managers do not have the promotable trait called Executive Presence. There are numerous definitions — some focus simply on the communication skills while others focus on skills that are too tactical. Leaders need to project the Executive Presence to motivate and challenge their direct reports. Learn how to improve your executive presence, a trait which reflects your readiness to be promoted.
Executive presence is a set of skills that reflect a leader’s readiness to be promoted and lead strategic initiatives. It includes the following traits:
• The leader exudes self-confidence
• Uses influence, leadership presence and emotional-social intelligence in communication style, balanced with a sincere drive for results
• Understands the business — strategically — knows how things work
• Leads team on an issue or challenge — work toward goal and results
• Chooses appropriate modes to operate — negotiation, directness, results driven, etc.
• Provides timely feedback and guides on how to improve business skills
Components that often get focused:
• Effectively manages perceptions
• Appearance that exudes self-confidence
• It is more than just dressing well
• Can be counted on when times are tough — inner-winner mindset
Learn how to improve your executive presence that reflects your strong leadership qualities and readiness to get promoted.
Has this happened to you?
You realize that everyone around you is getting promoted except for you. The feedback you have received focuses on your superior ability to get results with the caveat that your communication lacks emotional-social intelligence. If this sounds familiar and you are not sure what your next steps should be, you need to improve your Executive Presence.